CS-5501 is a multi functional channel strip providing all necessary tools to process all kind of audio signals like vocals and instruments.
CS-5501 is the successor of the very popular CS-3301. It keeps the smooth sound of CS-3301 and provides much more flexibility in all tracking and mixing situations.
Metering & Monitoring
The dual meter monitor level of input/output signal and gain reduction of the compressors, deesser and limiter. It provides VU, RMS, Peak and EBU metering including calibration. On top CS-5501 offers flexible signal monitoring.
Oversampling & Clip stage
CS-5501 offers top class oversampling, smart bypass function and a clip stage.
Perceptual loudness matching
The perceptual A/B loudness matching function helps you avoid the pitfall of 'louder is better'.
The routing section orders freely the individual effect modules and lets quickly enable or even solo the effect modules.
Side chain support
The side chain section lets you deeply control internal or external side chain signals.
CS-5501 comes with double 7 band filters, shaping the sound accurately and naturally.
The double compressors control the dynamics of the signal, either stereo or Mid/Side.
The double (noise) gates suppress noise or any other signal below a certain level. The expanders increase the signal below threshold.
The double Deesers are a kind of dynamic EQ. They compress/expand the signal in a defined frequency range depending on the input/side-chain signal.
Saturation adds odd or even harmonics to the signal.
The double limiters keep the signal below a certain “ceiling” level.
- 2x 7 band EQ
- 2x noise gate/expander
- 2x compressor, VCA/FET/OPTP design
- 2x dresser
- 2x limiter
- thermal noise for analogue sound emulation
- EQ tolerance simulation
- HQ over sampling
- signal overshot protection
- link-able input/output fader including phase inversion
- module parameter link
- extended metering, input/output/gain reduction, Peak, RMS, EBU and VU
- perceptual loudness matching (powered by AB-LM Lite)
- module routing
- extensive side-chain support for many effect modules
- many comfort functions like soloing and signal monitoring
- preset management
- parameter randomizer
- selectable color theme
- large and easy to use GUI
- NEW: GUI scaling
- 64-bit internal processing
- very efficient CPU usage design
Demo version versus Registered version
In demo mode (without registering) the plugin mutes audio every 90 seconds for a short period. This could be circumvented by clicking on the "TBProAudio" logo.
Please download CS-5501 here.
Please order CS-5501 activation key here.
After installation product is in demo mode and needs to be activated. Please follow the steps described in the manual or here.
Uarte on Gearslutz
Guys, IMO this is now the BEST *workhorse* channel strip on the market. It's absolutely phenomenal. I love it. Congrats to the developer for a superb plugin that will hopefully find much love and respect in the market. This developer deserves it. [Please read more here.]
- UPDATE: small GUI optimizations
- UPDATE: small changes in registration process
- UPDATE: Saturation Solo and Mid/Side enabled
- UPDATE: reduced flicker during GUI update
- UPDATE: button click speed improved
- NEW: saturation mode added: classic (from CS-3301)
- UPDATE: improved button click speed
- UPDATE: support for PreSonus::IGainReductionInfo
- FIX: VST3 Cubase read correct bypass state
- FIX: session data reduced
- UPDATE: reworked user preset management
- FIX: VST3 crash Adobe Audition 2020
- UPDATE: improved GUI update on WIN/MAC
- UPDATE: small DSP code optimizations
- FIX: EQ tolerance
- FIX: improved Studio One compatibility
- FIX: improved Ableton compatibility
- FIX: improved DAW bypass handling
- NEW: 4x oversampling added
- UPDATE: removed stepped level/gain mouse input
- UPDATE: AB_LM is now placed in between IN and OUT fader. This ensures a more natural AB_LM experience while working with effect modules
- UPDATE: stepped level/gain mouse input
- FIX: load default values from disk (AAX)
- FIX: store current preset name with project (VST3/AAX)
- FIX: vst3 routing menu issue
- FIX: restrict EQ tolerance change to touched parameter
- FIX: tooltips texts corrected
- NEW: EQ component tolerances (experimental)
- FIX: Parameter randomizer
- FIX: Monoplug grays channel modifier
- VST3: random parameter change fix
- Parameter randomizer
- GUI scale
- NEW: 18dB for all LC/HC added
- CHG: EQ1/EQ2 switch button
- NEW: text entry box accepts simple 2k4 format
- NEW: SC filter slope: 6dB/48db added
- CHG: SAT sensitivity of even/odd harmonics controls increased
- CHG: Routing menu, swapped left/right mouse click
- CHG: double click resets control, double click on text opens text entry box
- FIX: non-working polarity link if double clicked
- FIX: VST3 parameter restore fixed
- FIX: link Fader IN links also channel polarity
- FIX: routing menu call always current module
- NEW: CPU reduction if no ext side chain
- NEW: more code optimizations
- FIX: broken parameter shape optimization fixed
- FIX: Parameter shape optimized
- FIX: Routing menu fixed mouse wheel
- FIX: Routing menu right mouse click calls module
- FIX: Ableton Live/Studio One/FL Studio PDC fix
- NEW: parameter link for module controls
- NEW: 6dB LP/HP added
- FIX: Small GUI fixes
- FIX: Revised speed of all knob dials
- FIX: Fader, no action, if fader handle is not hit (except mouse wheel)
- FIX: Fader, revised min/max bounding check
- Initial release