SLM2 is a smart stereo loudness maximizer including “analog spice” and 16x over-sampling. The goal of the design was to maximize the loudness of the audio signal while maintaining transparency.
The SLM2 DSP analyses every sample of the incoming stereo signal within a defined time frame and calculates the optimal volume increase. This guarantees maximum possible transparency.
The overall loudness can be further increased by the following, optional clipper stage. Signal aliasing can be reduced by enabling over-sampling.SLM2 is used in all limiting situation like track/bus and master limiting.
SLM2 lets you reach the maximum possible volume with minimal sound degradation. Attack/Release offers even more sound sculpting options.
The overall loudness can be further increased by the following, optional clipper stage.
The IN/OUT/GR meters lets you visually control the limiting process. On top of it SLM2 offers oversampling up to x16.
- highly transparent brick-wall-limiter
- saturation of input signal
- fully control of attack and release
- switchable look ahead
- additional drive/clip stage
- stereo link
- over-sampling, up to 16x
- easy to use GUI
- preset manager
- large and accurate live meters
- supports all sample rates
Demo version versus Registered version
In demo mode (without registering) the plugin mutes audio every 90 seconds for a short period. This could be circumvented by clicking on the "SLM2" logo within 90 seconds.
Please download SLM2 here.
- Windows XP SP3 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
- OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
- Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8/9, FL Studio 12.x, PT10/12/2018, Reason 9.5
Please order SLM2 activation key here.
- Initial release